Dates and Times for Claresholm:
Tues/thurs 6:15-7:15 AM ~ 27classes @ $7/class=$189 ($10 drop in)
Mon/weds 6-7pm ~ 27classes @ $7/class = $189 ($10 drop in)
Gentle Nia for Seniors and Mommies and Me (a modified but equally delicious Nia)
Mon/Weds 9 – 9:45am ~ 27 classes @ $5/class = $135. ($7 drop in)
Classic Gentle Nia at Claresholm Seniors Centre Fridays 10-10:45am $2drop in
Nia in Lethbridge ~ Thursdays only Sept 12-Dec 12
Thurs 5:15-6:15pm First United Church 13st and 5th ave N. ~ 13classes @$8 =$104(drop in $11)
Yogawise Dates and Times:
Mon/Wed 12:05-12:50pm ~ 27classes @ $5 = $135 (please note :45 min class)
Mon/Wed 4:45-5:45pm ~ 27classes @ $7 = $189 (or $10drop in)
Semesters for 2013 – 2014:
Fall Sept 9th to Dec 12th
Whitebelt Training 2014 – Sunday July 6–Sunday July 13, 2014, with Roberta Mohler
Studio Om Lila, Claresholm, Ab. I am always available for queries as well, contact me at Lisebet@telusplanet.net or (403) 625-3959
The white belt intensive is open to all – those who want to teach and those who simply want to deepen their knowledge and awareness of Nia and mind-body movement. There are no prerequisites however, training in movement, the martial arts or healing arts is very helpful. It will be of particular interest to those in the healing/helping professions – all types of movement and fitness instructors, massage therapists, psycho-therapists, dancers, social workers and wellness practitioners.
Nia student-teacher training is fashioned after the martial arts system – advancement through four basic belt levels that spans a minimum of four years. The white belt is the first level of training. The focus is on learning all about the Nia basics and creates a foundation for the advanced study of mind-body-spirit work in both the fitness and the wellness fields. It is the preparation for blue, brown and black belts.
The information is presented as through theoretical and experiential learning sessions and will be explained through the perspective of science, art, and craft.
The white belt intensive course content is based on 13 principles:
- The Joy of Movement
- Natural Time & The Movement Forms
- Music and The 8BC System
- Awareness – Dancing Through Life
- The Base – Feet & Legs
- The Three Planes of Movement & Levels of Intensity
- The Core: Pelvis, Chest and Head
- The Upper Extremities: Creative Arms, Hands and Fingers
- X-Ray Anatomy
- Creating A Sacred Livelihood
- Continuing Education
- Teaching What You Sense
Upon completion of the Nia intensive training, and in order to teach Nia as a certified teacher, a Nia certification fee is paid annually which includes:
- Eight hours of video taped educational and class/workshop material
- Permission to use the Nia name and logo
- Use of the Nia 800 phone number
- Written material for re-print
- The Nia newsletter
- NEW! With the livelihood package you receive the Nia Business and Marketing Manual, complete with art, educational, technical and professional support
- Professional, personal, public relations and office support, including class, workshop, presentation and speaker referrals
The cost is $1599.00 U.S. A $500.00 U.S. deposit is required upon registration and the balance is due 30 days in advance of the start date. There is GST on the final payment of $1099.00 Included in the fee are the following: a manual, ongoing support via myself and the entire Nia office staff.
Each training session is completed in 7 days.